As I ready myself to start a new chapter in my life--college--I figure this is a good time for me to start another new thing: blogging.
I've always liked the idea of blogging, of publishing my ideas immediately and eagerly to an ever-receptive internet audience. But I've been sort of reluctant to start for a few reasons.
Technically, I already have another blog. It's called Kanchana.com, and my dad created it for me when I was about five. I love the fact that my father loved me enough to create a website for me at such a tender age, but I never felt close to it. Its format is so complicated (I'm not very tech-savvy, I admit), and it's not very user-friendly. But I always had that website there for me.
Another thing that sort of scares me about blogs is the fact that blogs get to be so personal and private--as I write these words here, I feel as though I'm writing in a wonderful online journal--yet they are posted up for everybody in the world to see! I don't want someone's perceptions of me to be drastically altered because of the words I write.
And lastly, I'm lazy! Stringing together words into thoughtful, coherent sentences is a lot more difficult than reading them, and in a blog, a writer doesn't even have the cushion of an editor to fix accidental errors or awkward phrasing. But millions of people take this risk every day, so I'll give it a shot.
My name is Kanchana. I'm probably the only Kanchana entering University of Virginia in the fall of 2010. My major is: Undecided.
So here's where this blog comes in....Using words as my guide, and by puzzling out my jumbled thoughts and organizing them, I hope to identify my strengths and weaknesses, find my niche, and figure out what I want to do with my life.
I realize now that virtually no one is going to be reading this blog for a while, which is a very liberating thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment